Wireless broadband not up to scratch? Use the new Ofcom Wi-Fi app to test it.
Home workers and businesses can check whether their Wi-Fi is giving them the best service by using a simple, powerful app launched by Ofcom. The Ofcom Wi-Fi Checker runs on smartphones and tablets and allows consumers and businesses to test the quality of their wireless internet signal wherever they live or work. The app also offers practical, simple advice to help users get the best from their wireless broadband network. According to Ofcom Wireless broadband may not be working as well as it could in nearly six million UK homes and offices.
Ofcom describes this is more often than not due to an under-performing wireless broadband set up in a home or business that is contributing to a poor broadband experience. This could be due to interference from other electronic devices, such as a microwave oven, baby monitor, a lamp or even Christmas tree lights.
If you are a Columbus business broadband customer and you need help with your wireless router set up please contact us on 0333 240 7755. Columbus can provide a number of technology solutions to help boost wireless broadband performance for small or large office environments which may include:
- Improved wireless broadband routers
- Wireless powerline adaptors
- Repositioning of wireless equipment
- Use of additional wireless access points, range extenders and signal repeaters
- Higher performance wireless antenna
- Wireless channel utilisation changes
- Wireless security evaluation
- Removal of devices which cause permanent wireless interference