Skip to main content
Business Mobile Solutions from Columbus UK

Business Mobile investment advice from Columbus UK

The business communications landscape is evolving at an incredible pace, driven in part by the innovation in technology, network and service investment and of course competition. This is particularly evident in mobile which is expected to grow significantly over the next decade, but how do you get the best from your business mobile investment and how do you ensure that your business keeps pace with the latest mobile developments and copes with increased demand for data whilst balancing cost?

Mobile data volumes are predicted to grow 25% year on year to 2020 [1]. This growth will take mobile in many different directions.

More data

A lot of growth will come from the types of data mobile users consume. New file formats and an appetite for streamed video place new demands on data coverage and network performance. By 2021, mobile data is projected to account for 20% of total internet traffic, up from just 8% in 2017 [2].

More use

The time people spend on their phones is increasing. IDC report that only 16% of the time we spend on smart phones is used to make calls, the remaining 84% is invested in ‘other things’ [3].

More machines

Another element of mobile growth doesn’t involve people at all. Machine to Machine [M2M] interactions via mobile technology are predicted to grow from 250 million to 1 billion exchanges over the next 5 years [4].

Whilst these numbers are exciting to consider, what does it all mean for UK businesses?

Download the Columbus eGuide to how to get the best from your Business Mobile investment.

Statement Sources

[1] GSMA Intelligence 2016
[2] Cisco Mobile Visual Networking Index Forecast 2016
[3] IDC ‘How do Smartphones Keep Users Engaged’
[4] GSMA Intelligence 2016

If you need advice on mobile or you would like to discuss your business telecoms and technology challenges why not speak to one of our friendly and experienced experts on 0333 240 7755. We would be delighted to help you.

Get in touch with Columbus UK today